July 25, 2014

1. this summer fruit.
fruit {and the gobbling of it.}

2. this new york scene.
central park {and a few extra afternoon hours to soak it in.}

3.  this gummy smile.
smile {because, game-changer.}

4. these scissors.
scissors {because these days snagging even 30-seconds to do things like deadhead a window box makes me feel triumphant.}

5. this book.
book {for keeping smiley occupied. well, kind of.}

drawn the road again.
rewriting your birth story. (thanks, rachael.)
get outside.
i think i need these.
boat share, anyone?
dinner in ny.
ha!
this pocket.
dresses with buttons.

• Reply balconydresser July 25, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Deadheaded my window boxes, too, this week. But what is even greater is that there are still buds for more flowers to come.

• Reply Erin July 29, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Yes! The geraniums keep on comin' here too!

• Reply Loribeth Tanner July 25, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Her smile is just so beautiful! You've got to be on happy little mama!

• Reply lindsaymarie July 25, 2014 at 1:57 pm

that SMILE! made me smile. =)

• Reply Alexa July 25, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Her smile!!! My goodness. She is heaven.

• Reply Linda Zimmerman July 25, 2014 at 3:15 pm

that smile!!!

• Reply Joan July 25, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Love that smile!
    I'm in Boston for a couple of months taking care of my 3 month old grandson and I am always telling him that I LOVE his smiles.
    Article on Grandma's…. I had to laugh too. On the other end…I watched a documentary, Kings Point, set in Florida. It was a bit depressing.

• Reply Jessica Neligon July 25, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Her smile makes our day! love jess & chris

• Reply Rachael July 25, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Astounding smile!

I'm just catching up on posts; it was a total coincidence that I followed you and commented on twitter this morning. You'd been on my mind to compliment for awhile now, imagine my surprise to see my name here!

• Reply Erin July 29, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Cait was telling me about your blog the other day! So glad to connect!

• Reply Megan July 25, 2014 at 9:02 pm

What a smile!

• Reply Inge July 26, 2014 at 9:44 am

That smile! So cute. And I loved the article about grandma's. Have a good weekend!

• Reply Jacquelyn Clark July 28, 2014 at 2:46 am

Yep, you're in trouble. That smile!!

• Reply Laura White July 28, 2014 at 4:19 pm

THAT SMILE! It's made my morning!

Aren't newly learned smiles the best? (my daughter is just a few days older than your sweet Faye!)

• Reply Erin July 29, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Yes! Such a good reward for early wake-up calls! Congrats on your little bundle!

• Reply Anonymous July 28, 2014 at 5:32 pm

I know that you treasure some privacy, but the post about rewriting your birth story struck a chord with me. The author's birth experience was almost identical to mine – to an uncanny "T". I'm curious if you posted this out of inspiration to others? Validation for yourself? I'm a recent blog follower and I know how passionate you are about wholesome living (and therefore completely understand how disappointing it could be if the birth doesn't fit neatly inside that box). I suffered for too long, so my hope is that it's not the same for you (or your readers).

• Reply Erin July 29, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Hi there! Thanks so much for your note. Faye's birth was a speedy, whirlwind affair that I feel profoundly lucky to say went exactly as James and I had hoped. But as you know too well, that's not always the case, and I think it's so important that those stories get shared, too.

• Reply Suzanna July 29, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Oh, man, those first smiles DO change it all. I'll never be the same again. Your little darling has SUCH a sweet one, too.

• Reply amiechristo July 29, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Oh my goodness her smile just made my own face light up. Baby smiles are the best smiles. Thanks for sharing. πŸ™‚

I also feel the need the mention how much I love all the wonderful clothing finds you link to on your blog. They're all little treasures and while I know I can't have them, looking at them is also nice.

• Reply Erin July 29, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Oh, the smiles. So good, hunh? Thanks so much for your note about the clothes! Most of the things I admire are dream items for me too, but it's nice to know they're there! Thanks so much for reading!

• Reply sweet harvest moon July 30, 2014 at 10:37 pm

aww! πŸ™‚

• Reply Miho Aikawa August 22, 2014 at 2:58 am

I'm following your Instagram and always enjoy reading your blog. So glad that you shared my photo project, "Dinner in NY"! Thanks!!