June 1, 2018

1. this hammer.

{for being endlessly handy this week and always.}

2. these shoe boxes.

{because after three weeks it’s awfully nice to be putting things back in their proper spots.}

3. this linen closet.

{because even though our move has been delayed until monday (fie), we’ve started unpacking some of the smaller things.}

4. this step ladder.

{for being left downstairs and available for last minute paint scraping and fixture cleaning, and other fastidious nesting activities.}

5. this white radiator.

{because it’s still white. and on monday, i’ll be sleeping next to it (which is still not tonight, but better than tuesday).}

sobering perspective on missing children.

city maps.

confetti.

prince & knight.

obviously, same.

yours truly, in those new shoes.

• Reply Katie June 1, 2018 at 12:44 pm

How did you paint the inside rungs of the radiator?! I have one that I have wanted to paint for so long and can’t figure out how to reach! It looks great!

• Reply ERIN BOYLE June 1, 2018 at 3:34 pm

We didn’t paint ours, our landlord hired painters to do it. Truth be told, the up-close job leaves a lot to be desired, and I can’t say the far inner reaches were really painted very much at all. But! You can’t really tell. I think a long-handled brush and a willingness to get a little messy and it’s doable! Will let you know if I ever get the energy to fix the job!

• Reply Katie June 4, 2018 at 8:25 am

May I just say… I use paint in spray for radiators like this. I had a lot to paint when we moved in our house and it makes things so easy.

• Reply Katie June 1, 2018 at 12:46 pm

Especially lovely piece over on Coclico, Erin.

• Reply ERIN BOYLE June 1, 2018 at 3:35 pm

Thanks so much!

• Reply Stacey June 1, 2018 at 1:33 pm

Prince and Knight looks so charming! I just picked up a YA graphic novel the other day, which is not something I normally do as an adult and non-graphic-novel-reader, but it was so lovely I couldn’t resist. It’s called The Prince and the Dressmaker, and it’s about a prince who likes to wear dresses, and his seamstress and best friend who makes the dresses for him. It was unbelievably heartwarming 🙂

• Reply Eleanor June 1, 2018 at 2:58 pm

Hi Erin,
    Any influence you can have to nudge these ethical shoe makers to carry larger sizes would be awesome. I am a true size 11 and there are almost no options for for women with larger feet. Everlane, Nisolo, Coclico, and on and on. I email these companies all the time – I’m sure they are sick of hearing from me! Love your posts BTW.

• Reply ERIN BOYLE June 1, 2018 at 3:35 pm

Alas, I’m afraid I don’t have much influence over this sort of thing. But happy to put in a good word!

• Reply JoAnne June 1, 2018 at 8:39 pm

As a fellow long footed gal, I share your frustration! I wear a 12.5/13 now (went up a size after child #3. didn’t think it was possible for my feet to get any longer, but they did!) and I loathe shopping for any sort of shoes, let alone ethically made!

• Reply Audrey June 1, 2018 at 4:26 pm

those.shoes. <3 <3

• Reply Elizabeth June 1, 2018 at 4:51 pm

Where did you get the wire mesh baskets for your linen closet? I’d love to have something a bit more aesthetically pleasing than our 10 year old bins that previously held bulk gummy bears…

• Reply ERIN BOYLE June 1, 2018 at 5:08 pm

Ha! We’ve had ours for a pretty long time and from scattered places, but I believe I found one at West Elm, one at Brook Farm General Store, and one at Kaufmann Mercantile ~four or five years ago!

• Reply Erin June 2, 2018 at 12:57 am

Do you clean your shoes with any regularity? (In general – not just these!) I can’t remember doing it growing up in the country, but now that I live in an urban area, I think about it often. I am curious about what others do!

• Reply ERIN BOYLE June 2, 2018 at 6:31 am

Not really! But we don’t wear them in the house!

• Reply Emmy Van Aken June 3, 2018 at 5:09 am

Thank you for sharing about the missing children. So much left to learn.

• Reply Jackie June 6, 2018 at 8:07 pm

Hello! Love your blog <3 I live with my fiancé who has hoarder tendencies, while my happy place is a newly purged closet and spartan, tidy drawers; when I get frustrated with his clutter, reading your blog is *almost* like having my own home in order. Your blog introduced me to babaa knitwear; I love the jumper you're wearing in the coclico article. Is it babaa, and if so, which style is it? Thanks in advance and thanks for your lovely blog!

• Reply ERIN BOYLE June 7, 2018 at 6:37 am

It is! Not sure they stil have the exact colorway but it’s a jumper no 18!