May 18, 2018

1. these binoculars.

{but mostly two very enthusiastic bird watchers.}

2. these post-nap curls.

{nope. never cutting them.}

3. these spring flowers.
{and a mom who brought them.}

4. all of the incense.

{never enough in a new-to-me apartment.}

5. these stars.

{and someone’s insistence they hang from my bed.}

the slow motion oh shit.

what to do about oak cabinets.

“i am a candy person.”

there’s been too much rain this week.

delicate and resilient (mostly beautiful).

such a great shape.

pizza and salsa.

• Reply Kim May 18, 2018 at 1:06 pm

Also a candy person! Sometimes I feel so embarassed about that. But I just love a bag of “five cent” candies every once and a while (hate the plastic bag though!). Such a treat! I will try to remember that NY article next time I stowe a bag of candy in my purse away from public view: how can a habit be shameful if they do it in Sweden and it appears in the New Yorker? I’m a scandy candy-loving yuppy.

• Reply ERIN BOYLE May 18, 2018 at 1:22 pm

Haha! No shame!

• Reply Jeanne May 18, 2018 at 2:07 pm

Erin, those flowers are lovely! We happen to be surrounded by lilies of the valley here in our home in Western Mass and they are just coming out now and I caught their scent this morning on my way to my car before work (good grief, was that ever a run-on sentence…). I have never seen the pink/purple version though, they are beautiful! Thinking I’ll be bringing some inside when I get home this afternoon. Have a wonderful weekend.

• Reply ERIN BOYLE May 18, 2018 at 2:50 pm

Thanks so much! Yes: These sweet pink ones grow in my parents’ backyard in Connecticut!

• Reply Kristin May 18, 2018 at 5:11 pm

Why would you want to paint natural wood cabinets? We just started house hunting and the number of stark white kitchens left me so depressed. Bring back the plain oak, I say!

• Reply ERIN BOYLE May 18, 2018 at 7:04 pm

To each her own, I say 😉

• Reply zoe May 18, 2018 at 8:27 pm

great. now I need to rush to bon bon and get alpine strawberry skulls. thanks a million. xx

• Reply ERIN BOYLE May 18, 2018 at 9:33 pm

friend/fiend date!

• Reply Alix May 18, 2018 at 9:04 pm

That’s an awesome incense holder. Where’d you get it?

• Reply ERIN BOYLE May 18, 2018 at 9:33 pm

Linked above!

• Reply Jay May 18, 2018 at 11:22 pm

So much angst about oak cabinets? A First World problem.

• Reply ERIN BOYLE May 19, 2018 at 7:39 am

Oh, for sure! But I won’t fault people for making efforts to feel at home in their spaces, wherever they are.

• Reply Lilo Pachón May 23, 2018 at 4:06 pm

It’s such a relief I’m not the only one fighting to keep those pst nap curls intact. My boy Antonio is 4 and has had them since forever. My husband insists on cutting them but Antonio and I are two votes against one in keeping them! I love them.

• Reply Kim August 3, 2018 at 8:01 pm

Hi, Erin! I have the same lovely brass incense holder. Can you share where you got the nicely matching tray to put it on to collect ash? I’d love to know. Thank you!

• Reply ERIN BOYLE August 4, 2018 at 1:26 pm

This is one of a set of brass coasters from Schoolhouse Electric!

• Reply Kim August 6, 2018 at 5:51 pm